I was raised in a working class family in New York City and attended public schools there, receiving a Jewish upbringing and education. Judaism does not play a role in my professional work, but interest in and caring about others is a part of everything I do.
Education & Training:
- B.A. in Psychology, 1960 – Queens College
- M.S. and Ph.D. in Psychology, 1967 – Case Western Reserve University
- Internships – clinics and facilities of the Veterans Administration in the Greater Cleveland, Ohio, area with a focus on psychological testing and intensive therapy.
- Work experience – clinics and hospitals in Ohio and Maine. In 1974 I was granted a license to practice Clinical Psychology in Washington State. My original license is still active and clean.
Over the years I have trained in advanced courses, workshops, and programs in the following areas:
- Jungian Therapy
Stress Point Learning for Attention and Memory Improvement
- Awareness Training using Open Focus and Binaural Sound Entrainment
- Gestalt Therapy
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Neurolinguistic Programming
- The Masterson Institute approach to transformation of problem relationships
- Energy Tapping for amelioration of depression, anxiety and stuckness
- Shamanic Trance Journey Work
- Men’s Work
- Trauma Healing
- Studies in movement, spiritual healing, Yoga, Qi Gong and Meditation
- Cognitive-Behavioral treatment of Anger Management